Wednesday, October 28, 2009

5...4...3...2...1: Happy Birthday, Julia!


Julia Roberts at the 73rd Academy Awards

I love it up here! I love the world; I am so happy, thank you!”

In honor of her 42nd Birthday today, I've compiled my 5 favorite performances of Miss Roberts to date. Her scenery-chewing, Oscar-baiting performance in Erin Brokovich just makes the cut.


As "blush and bashful" bride, Shelby Eatenton Latcherie

"I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful
than a lifetime of nothing special."


As Vivian Ward, the "hooker with the heart of gold"
with her ever-dapper co-star Richard Gere

"Oops... slippery little suckers."


As Julianne Potter, the "two-faced, big-haired food critic,"
with co-star Cameron Diaz

"No, no, no. I'm a busy girl. I've got exactly four
days to break up a wedding, steal the bride's fella,
and I haven't one clue how to do it."


As the eponymous lawyer and ball-buster

"Not personal! That is my work, my sweat, and my time away from my
kids! If that is not personal, I don't know what is!"


As conflicted American photographer, Anna, with co-star Jude Law

"You seem more like the cat that got the cream,
you can stop licking yourself."

1 comment: